Monday, December 05, 2005

Why

Why am I a Lions fan? Why do I pay money to get the Lions audio on my computer in Germany? Why did I used to have season tickets with my brothers? Why do I think they will go 9-7 every year and squeak into the playoffs?

I think the answer lies in the perfect English of modern day Shakespearean clone (and, sad to say, former MSU student) Charles Rogers...

"Because this is football, man. This is the game you love, man. We was playing this game for free when we was born. It ain't all about the bread, you know?"

-- Charles Rogers on how he could produce for a team that's trying to take back more than $10 million from him

Sometimes I really feel like punching myself in the face because of this team. Not that I would enjoy it, but because I really feel like I deserve it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said Dan. FYI it's a full out fan revolt in the D. I drove by a bowling alley on Mound that had "FIRE MILLEN, FIRE FORD" on it's sign. All the talk shows are organizing protests for the next home game. Among my favorite planned protests are the "Angry Fan March", and the "Orange Out"