Friday, May 19, 2006

Venice

Kelli did a bunch of writing a couple weeks ago and here (finally) are our Venice photos. I have been on the road for three weeks and haven't had time, sorry to those writing and asking.

I have been in the US and have some more great ones from home as well. I will let these digest before I post my US pics.

Venice was exactly as you dream it. I tried to not have too high of expectations but it was by far cooler and more romantic than I thought. Not seeing a car for three days and getting lost in impossibly narrow passageways made for some great relaxation. It was not as dirty as I had been told it would be. We did get there before the massive summer crowds (and the massive summer stink I am told). Our hotel was on the Grand Canal and was perfect. Definitely a little pricey but well worth it. The glass we bought amazed even me who I must admit am not a big fan of knick-knacks. All in all, Venice is a must do for couples, and beats Paris in my book.

Enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the Venice pictures! I think that just jumped up to spot number one on my "Places to Visit" list :-) I'm sure you are happy Dan is back home, Kelli! I'll call soon....Miss you guys!
Love, Julie