Saturday, September 09, 2006

Joe Dumars


In a rare event, Joe Dumars talked about himself upon being elected to the NBA hall of fame. In true Joe fashion, he stayed humble while still making a point that many of us already believe. I thought this was classic.

How do I want to be remembered?
Well, I'm not dead.
But a few words: professionalism, character, dignity and winner, because I've been fortunate enough to win a lot in this league, to win everything you can possibly win.
All those things would be how I view what I've been able to accomplish.
But start with character and dignity because that's who I've been, and that's who I'll continue to be.
I'm not about to become some character. I'm just not.
I can't do that.

1 comment:

J said...

Offtopic, but do you two know about the Meet-Up in Bonn in November? If not, here are a couple links about it for you.