Thursday, October 12, 2006

A little tired...


BUT PUMPED!

Can Jim Leyland do no wrong? Batting Neifi Perez second (huh?) and unproven Alexis Gomez (Not the hispanic gardner from "Dynasty") in place of Marcus Thames seemed like a stretch but once again, the Zenmaster of the Marlboro came through. His moves are uncanny, he's from Ohio and his lungs look like the inside of an industrial boiler, but damn can the man manage a baseball team.


The Tigers are up 2-0 and this stat jumped out at me while watching the game last night:


No team that has won the first two games on the road in the League Championship Series has ever failed to make the World Series



On top of all this, I got some of the best news EVER yesterday. I am being sent home to the US for work next Friday. That's right, the baseball Gods are shning upon the man that held a season ticket package during the 119 loss 2003 season. It's as if Dave Dombrowski called my boss and asked for me to be sent home. I will be home for THE ENTIRE WORLD SERIES!



Anyone got a ticket?



Funny side story, I just bought the song "How to Save a Life" by The Fray off Itunes and after listening to it for the first time, the Itunes player played the next song in my library which was "Da Dip" by Freaknasty. I laughed.



"I put my hand up on your hip, when you dip I dip we dip!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be coming home, Business trip my a@$, Kelli is probally making you go so she can get a full night sleep.
Hope to see you, Renee