Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Tigers

Hard to even begin to describe the goosebumps right now.

It's 5 in the morning and there is NO way I could be heading to sleep as Joel Zumaya enters the game in the 8th.

I am watching the place that I spent so many nights cursing the fortunes of my baseball religion. The Tigers have broken my heart much more often than not since longer than I can remember.

And now they have this 200 million dollar team of All-Stars reeling. I can't help but feel that the love, passion and momentum of a city scorned is behind every swing, every ball headed towards the foul pole, and every leg straining for the next base.

Go Tigers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew you would be up watching on Saturday, Dan, and thought of you while we were at the game! It was amazing....Glad you can still be a part of the energy so many thousands of miles away! Go Tigers!

Anonymous said...

Cory and I were there on Friday. It was absolutely amazing. I have never been in a more energetic place in my life. We actually had the upper and lower decks in a full wave. That is something I haven't seen at a tigers game since the 80's when I was the ripe old age of 11. I might actually watch sports now. Cory and I will be sending you a little present in the mail. Go Tigers!

-BR