Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Lucky?

10,000 Tickets to each game. Hundreds of thousands of people trying all the same time to buy them. Millions of computer clicks and phone calls from around the world!

The result?

I got tickets.

4 Standing Room tickets to Game 1 of the WORLD SERIES on Saturday.

I DO believe that I deserve them as I will probably win the "who came the furthest" contest in any bar.

So the dilemna began. And my brother Chip put it best saying, "let the battle between friends and family begin". One was a no brainer, one of the men I shared season tickets with during the ridiculous 119 loss 2003 season, Jason Boss.

What to do with the other two? Should I hold onto them with the hope of trading to another game? Should I bring some buddies and score infinite free booze? Should I bring one of my siblings? How could I pick two out of five? The answer then cleared up for me. Who would Jason and I most appreciate there above all else. Who would have made sure that WE would have had tickets if those Tigers of old had made a World Series since we could both remember?

Our Dads

So Bob Rankin, Chet Boss, Jason and I will be at the game on Saturday.

Anyone got 'em for game 2?

No comments: