Sunday, January 14, 2007

Poland & Weekend

I traveled to Poland on Thursday and Friday for business and this was my first time visiting this country. I was able to eat real pierogies and taste some other very hearty food. Also drank some Polish vodka and brought some home for Dan. Luckily it is very warm around Europe so I did not experience the typically -5C and meters of snow. Probably the most interesting parts of the trip is that I became thankful that women have come so far in the work place in the US. At our working dinner of 22 people, I was the only female. During the entire two days of meetings, again, only woman. And when I entered a warehouse, there in the office, is a calendar of naked women. Welcome to Poland! Also found out that that the city we stayed in - Gliwice - is the city where WWII was started.

Had a good weekend - lots of get togethers with friends. Both Friday and Saturday evenings we had dinner and drinks with friends. Today we had brunch with a group of friends and helped one of them move. It was nice to see all of our American, Swedish, and Italian friends...

Happy birthday today to Grandma!

No comments: