Sunday, May 22, 2005

Good Day and Cheerio!

Got back from England on Friday evening. Unfortunately, I did not get to do much sightseeing at all and got quite a bit of work in.

The people were fantastic although I can understand German sometimes better than I could some of the Brits. My cab driver back to the airport took the cake however. I got a ten minute dissertation on the meaning of the word "bullocks". Brits yell "bullocks" to express displeasure in something. (i.e. "You don't have Earl Grey Tea? Oh Bullocks!") Apparently it would be like saying, "Oh Balls!". However, it has a dual meaning. Apparently it can also mean "the best" or as Chris the cab driver put it, "You American blokes say awesome, we say, 'That's the Dog's Bullocks!'". He gave me a story of an American businessman that used it inappropriately at a five star hotel one time. Very amusing....

All in all, it was a great place. The beer was fantastic and I did make it to a VERY authentic local pub that one of my coworkers frequents "as often as the rain" so he put it.

The weekend was good. We had Kelli's coworker and her husband over for dinner last night. We have also got the house 98% organized and took some pictures for the blog. Look for those in the next couple of days.

I am off to The Netherlands tomorrow and will be back Wednesday as we have a three day work week. We are deciding between a drive to Zurich, Milan or Brussels for the weekend.....decisions, decisions

Take care all!

No comments: